The African Union – European Union (AU-EU) Digital for Development (D4D) launched a blogging competition for bloggers from Africa and Europe.
The theme of the #D4Dblogging contest is “How can Africa and Europe work together to fight disinformation and protect human rights in the digital age?”.
The blogging contest is open to all bloggers interested in freedom of expression, disinformation, the open internet, and digital rights and principles. Blogs that present original perspectives on how to counter online disinformation through human rights-based action, raise awareness of the issues at stake, and foster new avenues of Africa- Europe on the ground are also invited.
Geeky Nigeria reports that the AU-EU D4D hub is organizing a public discussion at the Internet Governance Forum (IGF), which will be held in Addis Ababa from November 28, 2022 to December 2, 2022. The purpose of the panel is to exchange experiences, ideas and good practices in Africa and Europe on how to tackle online disinformation through human rights-based solutions.
To enter the competition, bloggers are invited to submit their content based on the following guiding questions:
- What are the most effective measures against misinformation?
- How can these measures be reconciled with the protection of fundamental rights, such as the right to freedom of opinion and expression?
- How can different actors (including the private sector, governments, civil society, academia and experts) contribute to countering the spread of disinformation?
- What type of multi-stakeholder collaborations can be considered good practice?
- How can Africa and Europe cooperate to fight disinformation?
- What are the similarities and differences between the two continents regarding disinformation, digital rights and the best approaches?
- What types of collaborations can be considered best practices?
One submission per blogger is accepted and submitted content should not exceed 1200 words. Only entries in English and French are accepted.
The author of the best blog will be invited to travel to Addis Ababa from November 28, 2022 to December 2, 2022 to attend the IGF 2022. Costs to be covered by the AU-EU D4D Hub project include: Round-trip ticket by economy class from home country to Addis Ababa by most direct route, tourist visa fees, mandatory COVID-19 testing, accommodation (for five nights).
Note that the deadline for submitting content is October 7, 2022.
Take part in our #D4Dblogging contest💡
– D4D AU-EU Hub (@D4DHub_AUEU) September 8, 2022