My client, an international media company based in Lagos, is going through a period of growth and is currently recruiting a blogger-content writer:
- Research various industry topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Develops and writes news and other articles.
- Monitors politics, current affairs, popular culture as well as current affairs
- Rewrites/translates telegraph dispatches, news items, teasers and marketing
- Research basic facts and information for programming.
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Reads major newspapers and online services daily.
- Transmits articles relevant to the major news of the day.
- Suggests future stories and promotes content on social media
- Is able to create individual content and write as needed.
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, English or related field
- 1-3 years of professional writing experience as a blogger/content writer, copywriter, or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Research experience using multiple sources
- Knowledge of web publications
- Ability to work efficiently
- Self-discipline and time management skills