BOSTON – (BUSINESS WIRE) – December 1, 2021–
For marketers, content is still king, but quality is a challenge, especially for technology and software as a service (SaaS) companies. Semrush Marketplace, a content writing services provider that is part of Semrush’s global marketing environment, surveyed more than 700 marketers from a wide range of companies to determine how they create content. The result is the first Report on the status of content operations and outsourcing, which reveals how companies choose their content providers, how they measure content quality and results, and the trickier challenges of working with outside creators.
Overall, the survey found that around half of companies do not outsource content at all, while the other half outsource or use a hybrid approach: 51% of companies create content only internally, 12 % relying entirely on outsourced copywriters and 37%. do a combination of the two.
While businesses have a variety of approaches to getting the content they need to meet our marketing goals, almost all agree that quality is a constant concern.
- The majority of respondents – 61% – define quality as “writers have to cover a topic in depth, most of them full possible way “
- Grammar, tone of voice, and practical value to readers were the three most frequently cited content quality indicators
- 44% of companies that rely on outsourced content writers report that quality is the only factor they consider when choosing their suppliers
- The number one quality issue cited in the survey was difficulty finding writers with practical experience and knowledge of the subject, with 49% of businesses saying this is their number one challenge when outsourcing content writing, with “content quality not being high enough” for a second at 41%
Mordy Oberstein, Communication Manager at Semrush, comments:
“Content is still king, but not all content is created equal. Our study results show that one in ten businesses stopped outsourcing content production because they were not happy with the results. Finding good content writers with a deep understanding of their business and the ability to turn that knowledge into compelling stories is an industry independent challenge. However, our respondents from tech and SaaS companies generally reported that it was even more difficult to find quality content writers.
The report also details the preferred resources of business content creators via a question that allowed multiple answers. An interesting trend is that a significant number of companies – 12% of survey respondents – are using artificial intelligence (AI) writing technology to create content.
- Freelance freelance writers with solid background and established personal brands dominate the market with 47% of the vote.
- Digital and content marketing agencies takes second place to 27%
- Content writing service providers, also known as content marketplaces, are the third largest force in the writing market ( 24% some answers)
- Freelance editors available on concert sites like Fiverr or Upwork are just behind the podium ( 17% of the vote)
The report includes other data-driven information:
- Most businesses spend less than $ 1,000 a month on content writing
- Most businesses stick to one to five pieces of content per month
- Blog posts, website copies, emails and newsletters are the most popular types of content
Methodology: The report was based on two dozen video interviews with senior marketers and the results of 700 completed surveys where marketers were asked to clarify whether they were outsourcing content and, if so, how they were did exactly.
The full report is available at Semrush Market Page
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses around the world to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and marketing campaigns. competitive research and achieving measurable results from online marketing. Semrush provides information and solutions for businesses to create, manage and measure campaigns across various marketing channels. Semrush, with more than 79,000 paying customers, is headquartered in Boston and offices in Philadelphia, Dallas, Prague, St. Petersburg, Warsaw and Limassol.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211201006173/en/
CONTACT: Semrush PR
+ 1 (646) 384-3361
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA MASSACHUSETTS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SOFTWARE SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION SEARCH ENGINE INTERNET MARKETING BLOGG MARKETING COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
SOURCE: Semrush Holdings, Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 12/01/2021 16:54 / DISC: 12/01/2021 16:54
Copyright Business Wire 2021.